Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

word press

mark schaaf
Trust:

word press

I have been doing my sites in a web editor I have used for years but keep hearing about word press. I know many people talk about it all the time and talk about using one of there many theme pages but can you build a site from scratch in word press or transfer and existing site over to word press.
Mark

esolutions
Trust:
Hi Mark,

You can build a site from scratch, or you can transfer over, although the transfer is more of content than the actual design as Wordpress is based on PHP you can't just copy over html files from your site. However, once you do end up converting over, it is SO much faster and easier to keep updated. Especially handy once your site grows to 100's of pages.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

essexboyracer
Trust:
Agree with e-solutions. Practically any content management system will help you manage large sprawling sites. I have one site that is over 600 pages, half of this is managed by Wordpress, the other by CMS Made Simple. You can transfer an existing site over to wordpress, If you use the blog aspect of wordpress, rather than static pages, you are given additional pages to template, such as search results, tag pages, archives etc, but really if you get the basic header and footer under control the rest goes in nicely and only requires CSS editing.

This topic was started on Jan 12, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.