Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Where to find a good download script?

rudolf55
Trust:

Where to find a good download script?

Hi all,

I've created an eBook that I want to sell using my own download page. To prevent people from passing on the download url, there should be a random url generated for the download. I've seen this and know it's possible. It shouldn't be randomly selecting from a set of url's, but just create a temporary one on the spot, basically a cloak to my download link.

Can anyone help me find one?

Thanks, regards,

Rudolf
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Rudolf,
Just search Google for - Ebook Protection -
I found several choices.
for example: ebookprotection.com

That way you can search for exactly what you want and at your price point.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

rudolf55
Trust:
Thanks Troy,

but I'm looking for a free script and have been searching the web for hours. All that I find is packages that integrate Paypal and whatnot, all I want is a simple script that encrypts a url and expires it after the download and/or an hour or so (if possible).

Thanks though, it helped me get further but even now that I have found the right search terms, I still can't find any site that has such a script while it seems like such a simple thing.

Regards, Rudolf

This topic was started on Feb 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.