Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Search or filter on website

tyuqte
Trust:

Search or filter on website

Hello...I am trying to figure out how websites have a filtering system that narrows "search results". For example, a car website were there is a filter for the color blue, when selected, it shows all the blue cars.

Is this type of filter typically a 3rd party tool?

Thanks for the help!
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I think that sort of thing is usually programmed into their search algorithm. You might check a webpage programming forum for a question like this.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

jethro.aragon
Trust:
gradyp is right,

Usually, those kinds of sorting/filtering is coded already in the search algorithm. They already know how they want their users to search and filter their products. There are a lot of tutorials available online, maybe you can start with PHP SQL because i think it's easier. I hope this helps.
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

This topic was started on Aug 12, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.