Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

redirecting emails

philsidan
Trust:

redirecting emails

Hi Guys,
I have build a website for friends using affilohost, is there a way for them to log on and read their emails without having to go through my premium account.
Thanks Philsidan
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Yes, there is. Your friends have to access their email using an email client such as Microsoft Outlook. Please use the settings below:in configuring their email client:

incoming server: mail.yourdomain.com , port 110 , SSL should be disabled
outgoing server: ]mail.yourdomain.com , port 25 OR 587, SSL should be disabled
username: (same with your email address)
password: (your email password)

Here are some additional settings that you might have to consider if you are having issues connecting to our mail server:

*You should use same username/password for both incoming and outgoing servers;

*The option "outgoing server requires authentication" should be checked/enabled;

*Try to interchange the ports 25 and 587 if the current outgoing port is not working

*The option logon using Secure Password Authentication should be disabled/unchecked (Microsoft Outlook only)

If you're having issues connecting to our POP and SMTP servers please send us an email at Affilorama support.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Update:

I've read your request to repoint your domain's MX record back to GoDaddy. Please wait for 12-24 hours for the DNS for propagate over the internet. Your mail should be forwarding again to your GoDaddy's account after this estimated time frame.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

This topic was started on Oct 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.