Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Publishing my site using NVU

malachy
Trust:

Publishing my site using NVU

I have tried publishing my site a few times in the last few days and every time i try i getting messages saying its failed. These messages are '550 malachy/bottomband.jpg:the system cannot find the path specified' and '550 malachy/index1.html:the system cannot find the path specified.

I have done a course in dreamweaver8 just recentely at a local college near me and now know how to use this package but would like to solve this problem first before I use the dreamweaver8 software, because with it being a free 30 day trial I don't want to have this problem and spend all of my free trial period trying to sort this out.

I would be most grateful if anyone here could help me with this.

Thanks in advance
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Malachy,

Haven't encountered that problem before, but there are a couple of things you can try.

1) Using a different FTP client. Not sure what you're using now... but I'd recommend grabbing a copy of Filezilla and loading your site into that. Then once you've connected to your site, navigate to the folder you want to upload to, then upload directly into it to be sure it's going in the right place.

2) If you perform this search:
http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=ftp+55 ... +specified
You'll see a lot of people talking about making sure the initial directory you're ftping to starts with a dot, not a slash. They're mostly blogger users, but the problem could be similar for you.

Let us know how you get on.
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

bjarne
Trust:
Hi Malachy
If your host operates a cPanel I don't think you can upload using the built-in FTP in NVU. Instead go to the cPanel and pick up your files from there.

Good luck
Bjarne