Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Problem with Duplicate Title Tags - XsitePro

PremiumMember
pwilkes
Trust:

Problem with Duplicate Title Tags - XsitePro

Can someone please help with the following situation?

I noticed in Google Webmaster Tools that I have duplicate title tags under Diagnostics - Html suggestions.
It shows:

Site Map
/sitemap-alphabetical.php
/sitemap-page-order.php

It's showing both of these sitemaps. I looked under the sitemap manager in Xsitepro and I see where both the alphabetical and page order styles are selected. Is this something that automatically happens with Xsitepro because I know that I didn't choose them myself. I'm assuming to fix the duplicated content situation that I should just unselect one of the sitemaps in the sitemap manager. Is this correct? I don't want to screw anything up. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
P
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi P,

I'm not sure about it happening automatically in XSitPro but you can deselect one of the site maps in the site map manager or delete one of the site maps altogether to avoid duplicate content.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jun 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.