Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Limiting which text is re-sized in Firefox

PremiumMember
mrbelpit
Trust:

Limiting which text is re-sized in Firefox

Hello everyone;

I normally use Firefox as my main browser. One trick (and a handy feature) that Firefox can do that IE can't, is re-sizing all the text on the page by holding down the 'Ctrl' button and using your mousewheel to zoom in/out. This only affects the text size..graphics and other elements remain fixed (depending on how you set the 'overflow' parameter), or all hell breaks loose and text from different sections sprawls all over the place, depending on how the page is configured.

This of course can be a big problem, especially with navigation buttons.

Does anyone know any way of limiting which text can be re-scaled (or not) by Firefox? Or how to best deal with it?

Thanks.
mack45
Trust:
Hi I am not sure on your computer but on vista you can set your font size in your control panel < fonts
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

This topic was started on Jan 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.