Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Installing theme to existing wp site

cleveland721
Trust:

Installing theme to existing wp site

I have an existing website www.experiencedgolfballs.com with many plugins installed. Will uploading the Affilojet pack theme be in any conflict with the current plugins. Below is what I have installed.

AdSense Integrator

Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not. You need an API key to use it. You can review the spam it catches under "Comments." To show off your Akismet stats just put <?php akismet_counter(); ?> in your template. See also: WP Stats plugin.

Out-of-the-box SEO for your Wordpress blog. Options configuration panel | Upgrade to Pro Version | Donate | Support | Amazon Wishlist

AStickyPostOrderER

AStickyPostOrderER lets you customize the order in which posts are displayed per category, per tag, or over-all, in WordPress 2.3+ blog. Useful when using WordPress as a Content Management System. Now with the ability to override itself.

Auto Content Answers

Post questions from Yahoo! Answers based on your keywords

Auto Content Video

Post YouTube videos automatically based on keywords you setup.

CommentLuv

Plugin to show a link to the last post from the commenters blog by parsing the feed at their given URL when they leave a comment. Rewards your readers and encourage more comments.

Cross-linker

A plugin which allows you to set-up words which are automatically hyperlinked to desired URLs

Current Date & Time Widget

Provides a widget that shows the current date and time given a specified timezone and format.

Deep Link Engine

Each time you create a new post it shows a list of possible pingback enabled blogs with relevant contents to your blog entry. You can then choose ones you will ping back and it will do this automatically. It also collects statistics about pinged blogs and relevant information so future blog posts will show even more relevant blogs to ping back to.

Do Follow

Removes the evil nofollow attribute that WordPress adds in comments.

FeedWordPress

simple and flexible Atom/RSS syndication for WordPress

Google AdSense Widget

Easily monetize your blog with Google AdSense.

Google XML Sitemaps

This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog.

Hello Dolly

This is not just a plugin, it symbolizes the hope and enthusiasm of an entire generation summed up in two words sung most famously by Louis Armstrong: Hello, Dolly. When activated you will randomly see a lyric from Hello, Dolly in the upper right of your admin screen on every page.

KB Robots.txt

Manage your robots.txt file from within Wordpress. Especially useful for WP-MU installations.

KeywordLuv

Reward your commentators by separating their name from their keywords, in the link to their website, giving them improved anchor text. For example, leaving "Stephen @ Custom WordPress Plugins" in the name field, will result in the following: Stephen from Custom WordPress Plugins. Requires a DoFollow plugin to be effective.

Link Cloaking Plugin

Automatically cloaks outgoing links in your posts and pages. You can also add static cloaked links manually.

MaxBlogPress Ping Optimizer

Saves your wordpress blog from getting tagged as ping spammer by installing this plugin. Adjust your settings here.

Ozh' Who Sees Ads

Manage your Ads. Decide under when circumstances to display them. Make more money. For WordPress 2.5

Post-Plugin Library

Does nothing by itself but supplies common code for the Similar Posts, Recent Posts, Random Posts, and Recent Comments plugins. Make sure you have the latest version of this plugin.

Privacy Policy

Automatically adds an AdSense-compliant privacy page. Options configuration panel

Ritual Addlinks

Add links to default link category.

Robots Meta

This plugin allows you to add all the appropriate robots meta tags to your pages and feeds, disable unused archives and nofollow unnecessary links.

Similar Posts

Displays a highly configurable list of related posts. Similarity can be based on any combination of word usage in the content, title, or tags. Don't be disturbed if it takes a few moments to complete the installation -- the plugin is indexing your posts. Instructions and help online. Requires the latest version of the Post-Plugin Library to be installed.

Simple CAPTCHA

A simple captcha system for comment system to prevent spam.

Sociable

Automatically add links on your posts, pages and RSS feed to your favorite social bookmarking sites.

Top Commentators Widget

Adds a sidebar widget to show the top commentators in your WP site. Adapted from Show Top Commentators plugin.

Deactivate | Edit
Version 1.3 | By Lorna Timbah (WebGrrrl.net) | Visit plugin site
Traffic Getting SEO PluginTM

Traffic Getting SEO Plugin finds the best SEO plugins available for wordpress and then optimizes their settings so you don't have to. Saves you time and helps get you more traffic.

WordPress Database Backup

On-demand backup of your WordPress database. Navigate to Tools → Backup to get started.

Wordpress Popular Posts

Showcases your most popular posts to your visitors on your blog's sidebar. Use Wordpress Popular Posts as a widget or place it anywhere on your theme using <?php wpp_get_mostpopular(); ?>

WP Auto Tagger

Automatically finds tags based on your post content.

WP Captcha Free

Block comment spam without captcha.

Deactivate | Edit
Rod Cleveland I am working to promote our companies Safe & Beneficial Herbal Pain Relief Gel our websites are
http://getamr7.com "the stuff that works" and http://amr7.us. If there is someone out there in the affilorama network that would offer their talents out for hire let me know. http://thatsjustbob.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you have a lot of useless plugins for the type of sites we are buildingl. although it is built on wp, the aFfilotheme is custom coded for doing static sites not a blog. Anything having to do with comments wont work, because comments are disabled in the theme.
Also, you dont want adsense on these sites, you want to limit how many choices people have to leave your site. otherwise your opt in rate wil plummet.

the focus on these sites is to get opt ins and affiliate revenue. why get 2 cents for an adsense click when you can sell the same product the adsense ads are going to for a $25 commission?

you dont need the link cloaking, there is one built in already. the related posts plugins you dont want. again, dont give any options for the type of sites we are building here.

sociable is ok as long as you set it to open in a new window or Iframe rather than leaving the page, (however personally i prefer sexylinks)
the auto content plugins i personally would get rid of. these are high quality sites we are building not spammy auto blogs.

I do recommend the ping optimizer, i have that one on all my blogs.

also i recommend Platinum SEO, although Mark recommends All in One SEO
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

cleveland721
Trust:
That is great info I understand this better now. This helps me to plan and organize my existing domains.
Rod Cleveland I am working to promote our companies Safe & Beneficial Herbal Pain Relief Gel our websites are
http://getamr7.com "the stuff that works" and http://amr7.us. If there is someone out there in the affilorama network that would offer their talents out for hire let me know. http://thatsjustbob.com

This topic was started on Aug 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.