Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How To Transfer Hosting To Australian Providor?

PremiumMember
catmar
Trust:

How To Transfer Hosting To Australian Providor?

Hi Guys,

I have a website at No.1 position on the first page of Google for a local business here in Australia.

It is currently hosted with Hostgator on a baby account.

Someone wants to buy it and I'm happy to sell but I have absolutely no idea how to transfer from Hostgator to a hosting providor here in Australia.

I've read a lot of information on the topic but don't feel comfortable in doing this myself. I don't want any down time or dramas and using ftp etc scares me. I have talked to quite a few hosting providors here in Australia but none are willing to help with the transfer. They all say it's up to me and Hostgator.

I was even told not to transfer from hosting with Hostgator as my rankings will drop in the process. I can't believe this to be true but if there is even a remote possibility of this happening I'd rather not risk it as the main reason my buyer wants the website is due to it's No.1 ranking.

I did talk to Hostgator who said they could do the transfer for me but only if it's to a new account with them.

I would really appreciate any advice on this subject. I would pay someone to do this for me but don't even know where to turn for this either.

Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks,
Catherine

This topic was started on Jun 06, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.