Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to create "no follow" links in Dreamweaver?

elanam100
Trust:

How to create "no follow" links in Dreamweaver?

So I'm using Dreamweaver to build my sites, and I just learned how it's a good idea to make affiliate links no follow so you're not leaking out page rank/link juice. I was wondering if anyone out there familiar with Dreamweaver might know an easy way to do this. I know I can go into the source code and add rel="no follow" after each link, but that gets tedious. I've been doing find-and-replace in the source code, which works for the site I've already built, but I figure there's got to be an easier way that doesn't involve going into the source code given that Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG editor.

I haven't been able to find a good answer for this online. I saw one answer saying that you could highlight the link and change it to no follow in the properties panel, but I don't have this option. I'm using Dreamweaver CS5.

If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated!
My psychiatry/psychology blog: www.thepsychosphere.com

esolutions
Trust:
I don't know of an automated solution using Dreamweaver (search and replace is probably the fastest), however, there are plugins to do this automatically if you use Wordpress.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on Mar 13, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.