Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How many sites must I have?

PremiumMember
hartley
Trust:

How many sites must I have?

I am trying to understand about how many sites I have to have.
Can i register a domain name (e.g., healthease.com) and get it hosted then just add pages to it for affiliate or adsense campaigns (e.g., healthease.com/acne, healthease.com/poorvision, etc.) so I do not have to incur the cost of hosting and domain names each time?
Last edited by faradina on 10 Jul 09 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: make title more relevant to topic

moderation in all things, but never in your imagination

faradina
Trust:
The number of sites is actually entirely up to you.
Of course, it would be so much better if a particular niche that you are targeting has its own website instead of just a subpage on a general health website because that makes it more targeted and less confusing to the visitor.
If you opt for more than one website, there's no need to get another hosting plan for each one if you have enough space and bandwidth as well as the option to host more domain names on your current hosting server.
PremiumMember
francesc
Trust:
Most hosting plans let you host any sites, but for every niche you should use a different domain. Domains are not expensive, just $7-$9 per year.
19 years old chilean blogger, a very creative kid, sometimes too creative
Look mum! I'm a moderator!