Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Help with a critical error!

theflyer
Trust:

Help with a critical error!

Hello,

I was trying to install a meta tag into my website through a wordpress plugin called Robot meta and I did something really wrong, I now get an 500 Internal Server Error when I try to get to my website or even my wordpress admin site! I was trying to verify my site with google to use their webmaster tools.

I checked my Hosting site and in the error log I get:

[Sat Jan 08 12:06:57 2011] [alert] [client 204.128.192.4] /home/theflyer/public_html/.htaccess: /home/theflyer/public_html/.htaccess:1: <meta> was not closed.

Can someone please help me get my site back up, I am really bad at this part of the buisness. Thank you!

Tim
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I have sent a message to our technical staff and requested them to into this issue. Can you please email us through our contact form at our support page and give us your site URL and login details? If you still can access your WP dashboard, please create a temporary administrator user in the 'Users' menu of your WordPress site.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Hi theflyer,

The most common cause of a 500 server error is a broken .htaccess file. To resolve the issue, you have to delete the code that was probably added to the .htaccess file when you installed the plugin. I suggest that you contact your host for assistance in fixing your .htaccess file.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

This topic was started on Jan 08, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.