Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Heading 1 - Site building

PremiumMember
ormarket
Trust:

Heading 1 - Site building

Hi guys.

I am building my first website, and I have one question...

Do I need to make all titles as H1 or just the home page article?

Thanks...
Or
cosmolito
Trust:
Make all titles H1 tags because that tells the search engines that this is the most important phrase that sums up what your article is about.

(And you can even make all of your sub titles (if you have any) as H2 tags for secondary importance)
“Online social media is quickly eradicating off page SEO as a viable means of gaining rankings.”
- Charles Heflin (cutting edge SEO expert)
www.cosmokeenan.com/synnd

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Or,

Generally, headings dealing with the site and/or page are generally done with h1 tags, while heading within an article run h2 through h6. Some use h2 for page and h1 for site, but I think for SEO purposes, it might be more beneficial to have the page and site titles in h1 headings. At least, that's my understanding of it so far.

With CSS, it would be an easy thing to make the site h1 title look different from the page title, even if it is an h1 tag, just by giving it an id and giving that h1 id a different look.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Aug 01, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.