Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Dynamic Blog Protector plugin

lalbins
Trust:

Dynamic Blog Protector plugin

I have almost finished my first jetpack site and decided to install a plugin (dynamic blog protector) After installing this I noticed that at the very bottom of the page its has link (protected by dynamic blog protector) then link powered by xxxx.com. When you click these links it goes straight to someone else's web site on making money. Seems whoever made this plugin was quite sneaky and will gain free exposure from my site or whoever else installs it! My problem is there is no option to remove this plugin and would appreciate any feedback as to how I get rid of it.

Cheers
myonlinetraininghub
Trust:
Hi lalbins,

I just checked it out and the plugin is releaed under a GPL license so you can alter it how you like, otherwise you might be breaching the license by altering it.

BACKUP YOUR SITE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES

1. Go to your Plugins page in Wordpress and find the plugin, just under its name is a link named Edit. Click on this and you'll be editing the plugin files.

2. On the right hand side of the page click on the file called dynamic-blog-protector.php.

3. Look through the code and find the text <a href=" there are 3 of them

4. For each one you find delete everything from <a href=" up to and including the next > an also delete the </a> you will find a little further along the same line of text.

for example
<a href="http://111.ways.tomakemoney.com/dynamic-blog-protector/" target="_blank">Dynamic Blog Protector</a>

would become simply
Dynamic Blog Protector

Click on the Update File button and you are done.

BACKUP YOUR SITE BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES
Phil
Free Microsoft Office Online Training
http://www.MyOnlineTrainingHub.com

This topic was started on Sep 11, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.