Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Domain Wanted Taken - What's the Next Best Choice?

griser12
Trust:

Domain Wanted Taken - What's the Next Best Choice?

Hello,

The domain name I wanted, after hours of research, is taken. Which of these would be the next best option:

Add a 1: www.mydomainname1.com
Use a dash: www.mydomain-name.com
Use net: www.mydomainname.net

I tend to go with the first one because I've heard that domains with dashes, or ending with net are not as credible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
netfitters
Trust:
I would say NO dash and NO .net (as the initial domain). What about adding 101 to the end? www.mydomainname101.com? Try using an adjective or short descriptor to replace "my" as well. Just my opinion ;^)
clarafaie
Trust:
Depending on the domain name you have chosen, you could also add "best" before it, so it comes out as something like www.bestdomainname.com
http://clarafaie.net
Full-featured Business web hosting, with Unlimited Data Space, Unlimited Monthly Traffic, 500 E-mail Accounts, and 20 MySQL DBs for each of up to 5 domains for only US$90 a year. Also available: Starter, Corporate, and Enterprise plans
We also setup and/or migrate your WordPress sites to our servers for you. Email wpsolutions@clarafaie.net for more information.

This topic was started on Aug 14, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.