Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Additional content for my website

green6771
Trust:

Additional content for my website

Hi guys,

I have added 20 articles (unique to my site) However, I need more articles to keep providing fresh content for google.

3 questions if I may:

1. I'm using AMA to generate backlinks. Can I take a spun version of those articles and add them to my site as content or is there a risk of duplicate content?? I should have mentioned that the "seed articles" used in AMA were new articles and were not simply my website content re-spun.

2. Can I use an article or video importer to add content? Does this help or not really? Again, I'm concerned about duplicate content.

3. Can I make a video and add it as a post? I have heard google likes video and am wondering if I can make a quick video (eg animoto) and use it as a post??

Thanks so much,

Jesse
slvrsrfr
Trust:
Hey Jesse,

I always put the best and freshest content on my site. What I would do in the future anytime you get fresh content is to put it up on your site. Then once Google has spidered it and indexed it then I would rewrite and post it up on AMA.

You can check what Google has indexed by following this link: http://tinyurl.com/yyruxdn where you put in your site obviously and then the post title of the page you want to see if it has been indexed or not.

I've added an animoto video to one of my site by creating a page for it but I've also added some content to explain the video and help with SEO.

Always be weary of duplicate content, especially on your own site. So I would stay away from an article importer or video importer, unless you want to manually embed a YouTube vid into your site.

Hope this helps,

Jason
green6771
Trust:
Thanks Jason. Much appreciated

This topic was started on Apr 16, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.