Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

2nd Site Project Below.....Highly Embarrassing But Amuzing:)

PremiumMember
wall69
Trust:

2nd Site Project Below.....Highly Embarrassing But Amuzing:)

Hi Everyone,

I just thought I'd post this to give all the newbies and students suffering from information overload a bit of hope and comfort that it happens to us all.

Ever so often, although I hate to admit it, I make mistakes. I'm one of those people that never do it by halves, when I make a mistake it's usually a monumental one.....yesterday was no exception!

After posting the threads below, I battled on still sctraching my head trying to figure out why the FTP would not connect to the server. I went to bed still puzzling over it and asking my brain to come up with the answer......and obediently it did.

Like a dog with a bone, I've come back to it and still got the same errors. So I decided to check back over with Go Daddy just to make sure I had put the name server details in correctly, they were fine.

But this is the part that will fold you......I'd put totally the wrong domain name into Hostgator and Filezilla!!!!

I'd checked so many domain names that my tiny brain had gone into meltdown.

Now I'm asking myself two questions:

1. How can I be so thick with just one head?

2. Why do I do these things so publically resulting in major embarrassment?

The answer: Old age, poverty, four children!

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)
wollowra
Trust:
I take fish oil and vitamin B every morning.
It helps the Brain stay sharp.
P.S We've all been there so don't worry...lol
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on May 20, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.