Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

24-hour support

nates450r
Trust:

24-hour support

Hi everyone,

I'm sure everyone has seen them on websites (there on a lot of product websites) the little image of a man or lady that says (Live support, 24 hour support)
i think it would be a nice professional touch to add to my websites.

Does anyone use this or know where i could find more info on the subject??
Thanks, Nathan
Last edited by michellerana on 06 Sep 09 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling error

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I haven't seen or heard of this with affiliate marketing, but I do know for a fact that there are some companies in existence whose sole purpose is to provide "live support". Major companies contract these support companies to handle their support issues. (I used to work for one such company once upon a time, and I think my brother worked with another similar company if I remember correctly.)

I'm not sure how you would go about finding such a company or what they would charge, but I do know that they are out there.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

faradina
Trust:
One of the advantages of an affiliate website is that you do not have to have your own products, thus saving you from having to invest money in creating the product, marketing the product, handling payments and delivery, providing customer support, and ongoing development. It is up to the vendor to do these for their own products and we as affiliates only have to drive traffic to the vendor's website.
Providing support can mean a hefty expense: not only do you have to make provisions for the software; you also have to pay for the manpower. Even if you outsource this to individual independent contractors, you must provide both technology infrastructure and product training.
While there are companies that provide business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions for support requirements who give you total packages so that you do not have to worry about software and personnel, these BPO companies usually require require a fixed minimum commitment time and staffing volume. And you still provide the product training materials.
This is not to discourage you from your endeavor to provide support options on your affiliate websites. It is rather an advice to weigh its potential benefits against the investment required to implement it.
To implement such, you will have to do one of the following:
1. provide support yourself
2. hire an individual contractor to do it (at least 3 if you mean to provide support 24 hours a day)
3. hire a BPO company.
Web sites through which article writing can be outsourced usually also have freelancers that provide customer support services and a good BPO company can be found by doing a google search.

This topic was started on Aug 03, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.