Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

WoWBlackBook and EndAnxietyPanic not ranking?

bindpua
Trust:

WoWBlackBook and EndAnxietyPanic not ranking?

I saw both of these sites in these forums as belonging to Mark Ling. Via traffic travis, I see only about 4 pages between those sites ranking at all (I have the free version right now, so I only see top 50).

Is there a problem with the SEO on those sites, a problem with the way I am using traffic travis, or something else entirely? I am pretty new to all this so I am totally open to the idea that I just don't know what the heck I'm looking at :)
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi BindPua,

I own dozens of affiliate websites, most of my successful sites are being worked on by my staff. I don't release the details of all of my affiliate websites due to the fact that a lot of people copy not only my niches, but my content as well (ie duplicate content).

With wowblackbook and endpanicanxiety, I built them myself in front of a live audience and they have suffered from neglect from me as I haven't pass them on to my staff to work on (yet). That said, wowblackbook does have more high seo rankings than you mentioned, perhaps you didn't list enough keywords, and still makes a few hundred dollars a week without having done any work on it in a long time. Dogobedienceadvice.com is a better example of one of my sites that has a lot of high seo rankings.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

bindpua
Trust:
Mark,

Thanks for the quick response. I checked out DogObedienceAdvice and it was top 10 for pretty much every single keyword... nice.

What kind of 'upkeep' do you recommend for a site to keep it from jumping up the results and then eventually sliding down? A continual trickle of article submissions linking back to the site? Directory submissions? Tweaking the articles on-site so that they don't look stale? Addition of new articles on the site?
mikeb1073
Trust:
How do you check to see if a site is ranked for specific keywords?......Do you just type that keyword into a search engine and see what the top ten is?
jpastorizo
Trust:
Mike,

It is tedious to do it manually by typing each keyword in google to check the top ranking sites.
You can download the free version of Traffic Travis. You can create a project and list several keywords. Once you launched Traffic Travis click on the "Position/Ranking" under "Search Engine Tools". Launch the project you saved and the software will check the Top 50 sites for each keyword you specified in your project.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Mike, I agree with Renato - it's better to use Traffic Travis. It will even show you the previous ranking the last time you ran an update so you know if the site has moved.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey BindPua,

One thing that I was experimenting with on the DogObedienceAdvice site was running a forum. I haven't done this on many of my other sites, but I think that it has been of positive benefit as it has helped add more content to my website through user contributions.

With regards to backlinks I haven't done any upkeep there in a while but I did some good linking to get the site underway and with age (it has been online about 3 years from memory), it has gained a lot of good rankings.

My planned upkeep for that website is to add lots of new articles and do monthly backlinking to the various pages through article submissions etc. I've just had a new content management system designed for the site which I plan to deploy on it shortly (you won't notice any difference) which will make it easier for my staff to add new articles etc, as this site was made in dreamweaver so is a little archaic in structure.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Oct 05, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.