Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Will videos help with SEO?

kurtw56
Trust:

Will videos help with SEO?

I presently have videos on most pages of my site that are by product creators. If I do my own videos and upload them to youtube and then put them on my pages, will it be better for SEO?

Kurt
Last edited by ampie g on 30 Oct 09 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title to describe post better

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Having your own videos wont help with your SEO, so theres no problem with using a merchants videos on your site if you think it will help with a sale.

Unlike writing unique content, videos dont have the same problem with duplicate content (yet).
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kurtw56
Trust:
Thankyou

Kurt
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
You can do video to post to the video sites and get good linking to your site though. I use video and post them on various social media sites and video sharing sites with links to my site. takes some time, but its easier than writing articles over and over again.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

kurtw56
Trust:
I kind of thought that having links back to your site from somewhere off site via videos would be similar to doing article marketing and getting back links. That's why I asked the question initially.

My plan was to do training videos based on my keyword articles and post those to youtube and slowly replace most of the videos with my own.

If it's not going to improve my back links and SEO I won't be in any hurry. If it will improve my backlinks, then I'll put more effort into it.

I haven't done it before, so I will need to learn how to do the uploading. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kurt
*Link removed by moderator*
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Kurt,

There was a post on SEOmoz more than a month ago about getting dofollow links from Youtube. According to the post, not all accounts get followed and I'm not sure if it still applies at this time. Regardless of whether or not it still does, you'll still get traffic if you post a video on YouTube with a link directing to your site.

I also found a post from Search Engine Journal about dofollow video sharing sites you can use for link building.

Hope that helps. :)
kurtw56
Trust:
Thanks Ample,

I'll check it out.

Kurt
jasondodd
Trust:
When it comes to promoting your site you need to realize that SEO is only part of your online marketing efforts - some of the things you do wont have a direct impact on your rankings but indirectly they can help by increasing the number of your visitors your site gets and boosting the number of natural backlinks you can get.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

awesomedrinkinggames
Trust:
Even though videos don't help SEO, they become a viral means of traffic building when posted on youtube and social network sites because your link is right there for people to click.

My site is a drinking games website and I have a lot of videos which show demonstrations of drinking games and I post them on youtube and on my facebook which in turn builds traffic

*Link removed by moderator*

This topic was started on Oct 29, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.