Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Will transferring domain name affecting Google PR

tyuqte
Trust:

Will transferring domain name affecting Google PR

I bought a hosting package comes with a online site builder and created a website with the online site builder without knowledge of HTML code. The online site builder is not so good. So I decided to cancel the hosting and I'll lose my website except my domain name and transfer to another web host provider also offer a free site builder but it is a offline site builder like MS Front Page. What are the thinks and HTML code I must take care so that my website will still remain in search engines index and stay with the current Google page rank?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Yes, but if you use a 301 redirect, you should be able to save some of that.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

jethro.aragon
Trust:
As long as you keep your Domain name and properly transfer all your files and pages to the new webhost, the effects are minimal. Transferring to a new host will change your IP address but as long as it's the same Domain name, you'll be fine.

Transferring to a better webhost is actually a good move.
I suggest you go to this page: What to Look For in a Hosting Provider
This will give you more information on how to choose your webhosting provider.

Jethro
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

This topic was started on Aug 13, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.