Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

White Papers & Duplicate Content

ddenby
Trust:

White Papers & Duplicate Content

I am interested in including technical white papers on my website. I believe they would be useful to my visitors. These white papers are highly technical and are offered from partner companies, so it would be difficult to re-wtire them. If I put these white papers on my website, what are the SEO implications?

From what I have read, they will simply be ignored. I will not be penalized for adding them but they will also not provide any SEO value.

Is this the case or it is absolutly a mistake to add any document that is currently live and available on-line.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
this would hurt your seo, but you could do it a different way. Write up an article that is properly optimized, take the white papers, convert them to PDF, and give them away that way.

you could write the article on why this is important. i use this type of tactic to build up my opt in lists. i will create cheat sheats like your white papers, and just put a footer link in the bottom to your squeeze page. Give the white papers away, or give one a way, and say at the end, for more of these great downloads, you can get them here, and link to a squeeze page. Then, send out one email a week giving away a new one.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Just make sure that if you didn't create the white papers yourself, you have permission to distribute them!
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Jul 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.