Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Trying To Rank Better in Google and Bing Help!!

cherrytree
Trust:

Trying To Rank Better in Google and Bing Help!!

I now Have 2 Websites That I Have Ranked great in Yahoo Like has in 1 RST Page Results For terms optimized for But in Google not So Good and Bing Not at All !!! Does Anyone Know Why What Are the Different Charactoristics of The Search Engines That Would Cause This and What I'd Have to Do To Change it Here Are the 2 Sites in Question this one Is Optimized For orlando Taxi,taxi Orlando and orlando yellow taxi http://www.orlandotaxi-fast.com
the next One Is Optimized For Website Design Course,Website design home Study Course,home study website design course I,am Not worried about this one because i know the sites no good but i'am using it has an example because its #1 in yahoo but doesn't rank in google well and no where in bing(by the way anyone want to buy this domain??) anyway can anyone help me do some better SEO For
Google and bing?? http:www.websitedesigncourse101.com P.S. I A lso Noticed I got Ranked #80 For Term "Orlando Yellow Taxi" but NOW Even that has Disappeared Have i Been "De-Indexed" ??
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you probably have not been de indexed. google changed their algorithm lately and it changed search results for everyone.

Nobody really knows all the factors that each search engine looks at. the biggest factor for all of them is your anchor text in your backlinks, and internal links. make sure your pages get an A in on page seo using Traffic Travis, wich checks all your onpage efforts. Then as you build backlinks, use your keyword in your hyperlink.
it can take hundreds or thousands of links depending on your keywords. also, the volume of content that you have on your site is a factor to look at. if you have less than 30 pages, you will struggle to get any rankings. they are all looking more and more to give rankings to sites with authority, and you cant get that with a mini site. The Taxi site just does not have enough content. maybe write some articles on where all people can go in Orlando, write about the attractions, or something. I know this place is big enough, I am in Altamonte.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

cherrytree
Trust:
Hi Altamonte Springs I Used To Live There Near The Mall.Thanks For The Response.Yeah I Love Traffic Travis Would Be Lost With Out It.The Site Actually did Score an "A".The Site Is Still New So I'am Still Doing Some Link Building.I Had Thought About Adding a Few Pages For Content,But After Your Comment I Will Now Definitely Add Some Pages.i Still Worry About Not Ranking Well in Google Or Bing Because I Have Another Site over a Year Old That Ranks Well In Yahoo But badly in Google and BING I Still Wonder if I'am Doing Something Wrong.Soon Bing Will Be Taking Over Yahoo and yahoo Will Rank The Same Way Bing Does!! Heres a Link About That > http://bit.ly/bnn5rR Any Way Thanks For The Help and i Will Now Add a Few Pages Cherrytree
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
more and more rankings are dependent on the amount of content on the site, and the number of backlinks that you have. the minimum I have on my sites is 40 pages of content with articles, reviews of different products and services etc...

I tried building a few minisites and with thousands of backlinks i still couldnt drive them up the rankings. they would go up briefly, but then they would disapear quickly. I have found that the more pages I have on a site, the more stable the rankings that i get can be.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

oscarkool
Trust:
Hey JM, I'm glad to see you writing about that. I am somewhat new to SEO - I started getting serious early March and I have noticed over the past few months that my rankings seem to shoot up much quicker when I keep adding more and more posts/articles to my sites.

Most of my sites started with the sniper style where you're supposed to rank well with just a few posts. While this can work for very low competition keywords, it's very unlikely from my experience with any keywords that have a hint of competition.

When it comes to moving these sites up into the serps, I noticed a big jump in rankings when I add more and more content to them. It seems to improve my rankings more than link building does to be honest.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
i have seen the sniper sites too. this is a large part of the recent change by google to rank authority sites higher on keywords they are not optimized for.

the sniper method isnt bad, it is how people used it. most of the sites wer just promotional crap with no value for the visitors, and so google has responded to wipe them out.
at the end of the day that is what gooogle is looking for. the more quality content you have on a site, the better it will do all the way around. your visitors will come back, etc... Ihave several sites using the sniper method but with a lot of articles. I am talking a 40-50 page site, targeting 500-700 monthly search keywords, and maybe 1000 backlinks, mostly through bookmarking, and they rank p 1 for those low search keywords, even with the latest changes. then I focus on building more traffic through forums, guest blog posts, and social sites.

erniewright
Trust:
Hello,

Thanks for providing the information about the Google Ranking, I hope it will be useful for me.

Thanks,
Ernie Wright
oscarkool
Trust:
Well once your site hits 40-50 pages, it's no longer really a sniper site. It's a nice size authority site that Google will love. What's your monthly traffic figures like for those sites of yours? I'd imagine they would be much higher than a typical 10 page sniper site.

I personally avoid social bookmarking for the most part. If I do it, I only use mixx or digg. I've had bad experiences with massive bookmarking. I used to do hundreds of bookmarks to my sites and my sites actually lost rankings from it. With new sites, it's important to not do more than 20-30 links in the first month from my testing. I usually digg my new sites and then wait a few weeks before doing any more links. I just focus on content for those first few weeks.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I start my sites off like the sniper sites, and follow the low competition keywords. then build them up so that they actually stay in the search engines. these 10 page sites with low quality content are losing their place in the search engines. authority sites are getting more value with Google.

As far as link building too fast, there is no such thing. that is a myth that some fake marketers came up with to sell more junk products.

i have sites that I built 3k links in one week, and never had one sandboxed yet.

Also, I do social bookmarking for the traffic it gives me. I spend a lot of time working in the community of the bookmarking sites that I use, making friends, commenting, and socializing. I also rarely bookmark my main sites. I bookmark my articles and content, other relevant content in the niche, blogs and forums on my topics, and most importantly, the sites of the friends that I have made in the community. I find that when I bookmark their sites, they are willing to bookmark mine. you build up a digg friends list of say 100 people, bookmark their websites, and comment on their posts, and they will bookmark your site for you. this will bring you more traffic, and give you a greater chance at your post going viral.

newstart
Trust:
Even though Bing and Yahoo are owned by the same parent company, Yahoo has been allowed to maintain its own autonomy. Each of the three major search engines have separate and distinct factors that they test a site for in their algorithms. The one factor all the search engines revere is QUALITY ARTICLES.

By creating a website that provides true value to your website visitors your site will eventually be recognized. Oddly, I have found it easier to rank for Bing and Yahoo than I have Google. Either way, after building quality backlinks to your website your site will receive the recognition it has earned.

Avoid the temptation of using "Black Hat" SEO techniques. These black hat methods may build quick backlinks to your site however when the actions are discovered by the search engines their backlink juice is likely to be highly discounted. The worst case scenario for using black hat techniques is having your website black listed. The risks outweigh the temporary benefits.

I have been following Matt Carter's "Backlink BluePrint" program. This program suggests the primary quality backlink ingredient is diversity. When we have followed the Backlink Blueprint guide lines the search engine search results have noticeably improved.

Margene Smith
mark schaaf
Trust:
I understand what you are saying my main site is on page 1 through page 5 for different keywords and just outside the top 15 in google. No one really understands google and I never understand them. They always say they are more focused on good content than anything but there are sites in my area which have almost no content at all so there is no information for them to share and my site has about 25 pages filled with information so I don't think google rates content as high as they say they do.
Mark

This topic was started on Jun 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.