Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Traffc Travis and Subdomains

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:

Traffc Travis and Subdomains

i have been using TT for a while for tracking my rankings but I have recently come a cross one small problem.

I have a site that I am running a test on, mainly because people told me it wouldnt work, and so far I am proving them wrong. Anyway, that is another story. The questtion I have is about using TT track my rankings on the subdomains. Do I need to set up each subdomain as a different project in the position ranking and seo check tools? will they take a subdomain if I set up a project with them? I have PRO so multiple projects is not a problem there.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

faradina
Trust:
Technically, a domain name with www is a subdomain. That's why google sees www and non-www as different sites.
So if you can add a www domain to Search Engine Tools (remember it says "make sure to include www if your domain has a www") then you should be able to put in other subdomains as well.
Would have been glad to test it for you but I do not have any sites running on subdomains.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
lol sorry forgot about this thread, yeh, I actually went and tried it out. works great thanks
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Jul 23, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.