Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Too Many WordPress Meta Keywords?

ddenby
Trust:

Too Many WordPress Meta Keywords?

Meta SEO Pack: Meta Keywords

How many keywords can I put in the SEO Pack, I have about 477. They place these keywords everywhere. When I ran the pages through Traffic Travis page SEO, all of them show up for every page. Will Google frown on this or should I leave it as is?
Last edited by michellerana on 31 Jan 10 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Too many keywords is not recommended in fact I know a lot of webmasters now who don't use the meta keyword tag at all since it appears search engines by and large ignore this tag (although Yahoo! still seem to take notice of it).

I would definitely avoid including too many keywords for a single page as it dilutes the focus of the page. In fact aim for one main keyword per page so you can really target it well.

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

This topic was started on Jan 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.