Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Submitting spun articles...against TOS?

baparham
Trust:

Submitting spun articles...against TOS?

Hi all,
I have been lurking around this site for a little bit now, trying to absorb as much information as possible. I really am becoming a fan of affilorama!

I am working on an article/content site that I am writing all my own original articles for and I also want to do article marketing to build up backlinks and draw traffic.

I have gotten the idea that in order to succeed, you need to submit 'spun' articles to a bunch of articles sites...but my question is how spun is spun? Most of the article sites say that 'spinning' articles is prohibited and you will be banned when you submit them.

I have seen people talk about some of the tools like AMA which as i understand it, you rewrite each sentence a few times and it just randomizes them into an article...is that how that works? I heard that and thought I could pretty easily write a php script to do the same thing (obviously without the automatic blog submission stuff). But would that be enough for article directories to consider an article original and not spun (even though it obviously is!)?.

Thanks for the help, I am glad I found this site!
Brad
sonitin
Trust:
Most article sites will still accept your article as long is it is spined enough not to recognize it. Most of the spinners available today fail at doing so.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

san
Trust:
You've gotten the wrong idea. There is no need to spin articles to succeed. If you are going to spin them, then make sure you do a good job of it so it doesn't end up like garbage.

Most article directories will allow you to submit your article without it being spun anyway, as long as you're the original author. You will need to check the individual TOS to make sure.

The best way to get the most from your articles is to submit to only the top directories. Then take the time you would have spent on 'spinning' and use it to turn your articles into videos, podcasts, pdf's etc. That way you can submit to places like YouTube, Scribd, iTunes,etc and reach a whole lot bigger audience. :)
San

baparham
Trust:
Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the help!

I have a question though...if i submit the same article that's one my site to an article directory, won't google prefer to serve the higher PR article site over my site's content? This seems like it would happen even if I got my site indexed first...is that true?

Thanks!
Brad
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
personally the reason i prefer spinning is because I dont want someone reading an article on a directory, then finding the same content on my site when they click my link.
most spinners are junk., if you are going to do it, use a human controlled one, like the Affilorama Premium one or Matt Carter's Rapid Rewriter. I have used both and they give high quality articles that the directories cannot tell are spun, if you take the time to do it right.

one thing that you have to understand is that PR is pretty much dead, only Google ever payed attention to it, and they dont as much as they once did. Also, if you look at a directory, the main page may have a high pr, but unless you do a lot of link building to your articles, they will remain PR 0. it is Page Rank not Site Rank.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Jul 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.