Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Safest way to replace my XSite Pro site with a Wordpress

rubanz
Trust:

Safest way to replace my XSite Pro site with a Wordpress

One of my sites that I built around 2 years ago following the Affiloblueprint is still making money and I'm hardly touching it.

I'm planning on expanding the site to make it a true authority site in it's niche.

Right now it's an old XSite Pro 1 model, which limits me in what I want to do, so I want to transfer everything over to a wordpress site by copying all the articles and links on the site.

What do you guys think is the safest way to do this without losing or compromising the site's rankings?

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Rubanz,

There have been discussions on moving from Wordpress to XSite Pro and you can follow the suggested method, only in reverse since you will be moving from XSite Pro to Wordpress.

You need to manually transfer your articles over to Wordpress then add 301 redirects to the new article permalinks.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on May 20, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.