Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Location related keyword useage

dvmav_aa
Trust:

Location related keyword useage

Say for instance I have a web design company in London but I think that there is less competition for 'website design
manchester', could I be penalised for optimising for website design manchester when the company is based in London?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Google will not penalize you for that nor does it matter where your company is physically located. What is important to note is where your target customer base is located. If you are trying to rank for your target keywords locally in Manchester, that's fine. But is your customer base in Manchester or in London? There's no point trying to rank locally in an area where a large number of your potential customer is not present.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jun 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.