Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Joomla! and SEO

435pjjau251
Trust:

Joomla! and SEO

I'm considering migrating my current site (static web pages) into Joomla!. I rank pretty high in all 3 major search engines and do not want to lose these rankings, what do you suggest? Should I go for Joomla!? Should I redirect the highly ranked pages? I'm a bit worried but my site's growing and I need some kind of CMS. Any other option?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Your pages' ranking will not be affected as long as the redirects are properly configured. You might want to look at using Wordpress instead. Joomla has a different structure, is more difficult to manage compared to Wordpress and tends to confuse beginners.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

thel.online.ph
Trust:
Hi,

If your site and the links pointing to it have a decent amount of trustrank then you have nothing to worry about. Others converted dozens of high ranking sites from static or other platforms to Joomla and have never had the rankings drop.

But there are things to consider, have a look at your source code and look at the code for joomla sites, see where the content is on the actual page and how its laid out, but generally speaking you can set up a joomla site to display the information as with many static pages. - and yes to be safe test it first!

This topic was started on Aug 05, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.