Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How Long for Google Search Text Preview to Update

rcormack
Trust:

How Long for Google Search Text Preview to Update

Hi! Does anyone know how long it takes for the text preview in the search results on Google to be updated? I've got myself the top spot for a highly searched term but am not getting as much traffic as I would expect so I want to experiment with the text preview. However, it seems to take weeks or more to update this.
faradina
Trust:
It would all depend on when google will crawl your web page again. And of course google does not say when it will crawl any web page, so we can't say exactly how long it takes. Just go ahead and update your meta description for your web page then cross your fingers and hope that google crawls the page again very soon :)
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Agree. It would be difficult to know for sure when Google would update your page information. Google would need to recrawl the page to see the updated content then update their index before you'll see the changes. Some say this could take more than 4 weeks. If the meta description is the only change that you made on your site then it could take longer. If you make your page more popular by building backlinks to it, then the search engines will crawl it faster.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Jan 10, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.