Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Getting Different Domain Extensions

PremiumMember
affilorama28
Trust:

Getting Different Domain Extensions

Hey guys, glad to join all of you!

My question... I think know .com is still supposed to be the strongest, then .org close behind. But if you can get your exact keywords in the domain, which I heard Google is valuing again, is using any other extension ok or is adding another word to complete a .com better? I.e.,

plasmareviewdepot.com

or

plasmareview.org
plasmareview.net
plasmareview.us
plasmareview.pro

?

All pros/cons of this process would be appreciated, thanks!
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi affilorama28,

A .com is better than all other extensions because it is the most popular. Users type .com more than any other TLD so unless your site's name is very catchy and unique. Then I suggest you stick with getting a .com.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

mbeelow
Trust:
affilorama28 wrote:is using any other extension ok or is adding another word to complete a .com better? I.e.,

When choosing the best extension for your domain name, you need to consider quite a number of factors

No matter what keywords you are using in the domain name, if you are a non-profit organization, .org is your best option for you.

And if you are a profit making company, then a .com may be your best option.
A .com may also come in handy if you want your business to be visible within your niche market as .com domain extensions are so popular that you are bound to make it easy for your customers to find you.

That's basically it.

This topic was started on Aug 19, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.