Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Free hosted blogs

easyrider
Trust:

Free hosted blogs

I was thinking on setting up some free hosted blogs to drive highly targetted links back to my website. However, both Blogspot and Wordpress say in their terms and conditions that they don't want "commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites". Are they really serious about this - how strongly will this be policed? Would I be better to go to the extra effort and expense of setting up my blogs on paid hosting so that I don't run the risk of having them shut down at some point when they start producing results for me? Also, is there any risk in having my blog hosted on the same Hostgator account as my website - will Google put 2 and 2 together and figure out that these are not "natural" links?
Greg

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Greg,

I am not sure how strongly Wordpress and Blogspot monitor the contents of the blogs in their networks but I do know that there are some who can get away with this. As for Google knowing that those are not "natural" links, yes, in time Google will find out if you have the blog in the same Hostgator account.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

jacaranda
Trust:
you may get away with it with blogger and other web2.0 blogs.. but with Wordpress, nope, no way.. same with Hubpages, big No..
newbie-friendly Membership site for Niche Marketing:

-> http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/

This topic was started on Aug 08, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.