Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Disappearing Backlinks

theo
Trust:

Disappearing Backlinks

Hi Guys and Gals

Quick question, i have been following my sites backlinks on Traffic Trav,
last week TT showed 15 backlinks to my site, this week it could only find
9 backlinks.
What happened to the missing 6 links? Do the site owners where the article
was published remove the links?
I thought once you had a backlink it was there for good, all a bit of a mystery.
Anyone else notice this with their site.

Thanks
"Does your success depend on Luck? - Yes, the harder you work, the luckier you become".

faradina
Trust:
It's more likely that the articles were removed by the site owners
jasondodd
Trust:
If you're using a service like AMA to get backlinks then its possible it was on a site that no longer exists - AMA regularly check their publisher sites to make sure there are no dead links.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

theo
Trust:
Hi

Yip, it was backlinks i received from AMA submissions.
So backlinks are not permanent, so i assume that creating backlinks for
your site to remain high in googles listing is a never ending process.
WOW, that is going to be very time consuming.

Thanks for replying
"Does your success depend on Luck? - Yes, the harder you work, the luckier you become".

PremiumMember
bblackwell
Trust:
Salesguru-

I'm not familiar with AMA, but many backlinks out there are essentially permanent. Try to diversify where your backlinks are coming from, so you'll have a variety of permanent and not-so-permanent links pointing to you.
Client Knowledge Guru at ClickBank - Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/beaublackwell or www.twitter.com/clickbank
For more help with ClickBank check out www.clickbank.com/blog or www.clickbank.com/help
Please note that my postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of ClickBank.

mattscott
Trust:
From my experience new sites experience missing links and strange ranking jumps. It will settle down soon and your backlinks will come back. Google will register your backlinks within 24 hours but wont always show them as being there.

Hope this helps

Matt

This topic was started on Sep 10, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.