Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Dilemma regarding keyword traffic

shiva-yogi
Trust:

Dilemma regarding keyword traffic

I came up with an idea last night after searching through this communities forums. Its a business that has the possibility of being huge, but the problem is that when I do a keyword search I get not enough data. Now I won't be promoting a product for someone else,(I could be, but at this time thats not my main focus) but it is related to the IM community.

The question is, should I just throw it out there and generate traffic via other means and hope that my idea sells? I guess I could do this with blogging or articles on the website with stronger keywords, but if I do this im moving away from the main focus of my project, but I guess by traffic generation and word of mouth my business can grow.

Hmmm any thoughts?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Having a result of "Not enough data" on your keyword search means that:

a) you got the results as per month and the data for the most recent months are not yet ready to be released
b) the keywords that you typed in have very low number of searches

Low search count keywords are usually not worth pursuing since you will get very little traffic unless these are product/author name keywords with high Clickbank gravity (produce a lot of sales).

What you can do is create a high quality content site with pages targeted for highly searched, buying keywords that are related to your idea. Then you could do internal linking to generate traffic to your page with low search volume.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

shiva-yogi
Trust:
Salamat.
Ingat

This topic was started on Mar 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.