Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Capping link development

gthomas3
Trust:

Capping link development

hey,

With regards to the concept of gradual link building, can someone learned on the topic drop some actual numbers per time period my way? I've always built links manually so I've never run into the need to consider a cap amount as it's slow business.

Since using AMA recently I'm questioning how many links you should let one article put out? Is 20 in a few days or weeks too many for example? Considering the anchor text is the same for every link.

Or am I completely off-base and the idea of restricting links should only be done in the hundreds?

Thanks for any advice.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi G,
Mark just sets AMA to unlimited.
That doesn't mean that they will put out 20 links a week or a day, it just means it will keep submitting.
It may be 1 link a week... then 0 links for a week, then 5 links for a week and so on..
If you don't feel like continuing it after a few mths then just pause it.
By then, any backlink checking will tell you how many links you have got and you can then make an educated decision.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

gthomas3
Trust:
Troy, thanks for the quick reply.

I know how AMA works, and I did the same--setting it to unlimited--but I'm more curious of exact or guestimated numbers from people. For example, sites that you've built; how many links would you say have been developed (and in what time frame), that have led to positive results? Also, have you ever had an experience of being sandboxed by Goog for too much link-dev, and in that case, how many links would you say were built in what time period?

Being new to SEO/SEM I'm trying to grasp an idea (in numbers) of what is a threshold to be wary of in-terms of over development. Or is it not so cut-and-dry, and some people just luck out blitzing the hell out of their link dev. campaign and not getting caught by Goog?

Thanks for your advice,
Graham

This topic was started on Dec 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.