Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Can crawlers see databases?

dvmav_aa
Trust:

Can crawlers see databases?

I have a client with an ecommerce site that is mostly database driven. For their product pages the top browser bar gives a

product description, but the actual source says the title tag is just "company store" and a pointer to the database that

provides the description.

So my question is what does the crawler see as the title tag? The full database description that shows up on the browser bar,

or just the "company store" that's in the actual source code?

Thanks!
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
The title tag is the <title> in the header. This is the text that appears in the "title" of every entry in the SERPs.
The crawler will see as title whichever information you have tagged as title. In the case of your example, the "company store" is what the crawler will identify as title.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

lizatailor23
Trust:
I use linux to view my web pages. This will give you a good idea of what a web crawler will see.

This topic was started on Jul 16, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.