Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Article submissions and linking to internal article pages

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:

Article submissions and linking to internal article pages

Hi all,

I never seem to be able to find threads on the topic I have a query about!
I read on the forum somewhere that it was a good idea to link to article pages if allowed instead of to the main sites home page.

My question is -
if I am submitting a spun article on "chewing dogs" it does not seem to be a sensible option to link to the original article on my website such as
http://www.dogobedience.com/stop-dogs-chewing.php
for example.

How therefore does one link to an article page???
Last edited by michellerana on 09 Feb 10 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
You can link to another article, instead of a similar article, on your site. For example, in the author resource box for an article about 'stop dogs chewing' you can say "people who have read the above article also liked this article about stopping your dog from digging".
You can also make an article submitted to a directory look like part one, say a partial list (with explanations) of things to do for a certain situation or condition and then you say at the end "read more at ...." or "for other ways to .... go to ..... "
A little creativity will go a long way :)

This topic was started on Feb 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.