Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Are These Problems For SEO?

kayespa
Trust:

Are These Problems For SEO?

Although Traffic Travis shows A or A+ for the keywords I target on some of my pages, I noticed what "could" be a few problems in the report... any suggestions on how to fix them or are they ok? I use the Platinum SEO Wordpress plugin if that helps...

1. There are 8 H3 tags... the first is a keyword... the other 7 are things like "Comments"...

2. The first 50 words on the page are my keywords from the title followed by my site name, tagline and category headings from my top nav bar...

3. The top 20 links are categories and tags instead of relevant product pages from my site that I linked to in my post...

4. A couple of my top 20 words come from things like my customer service pages... the word "Policy" for example... (Disclosure Policy, Privacy Policy, etc)
faradina
Trust:
KayeSpa wrote:1. There are 8 H3 tags... the first is a keyword... the other 7 are things like "Comments"...

Having many H3 tags is fine, no need to worry about this.

KayeSpa wrote:2. The first 50 words on the page are my keywords from the title followed by my site name, tagline and category headings from my top nav bar...

The first 50 words that Traffic Travis sees is also the same as what the search engines will see, so this is also nothing to worry about.

KayeSpa wrote:3. The top 20 links are categories and tags instead of relevant product pages from my site that I linked to in my post...

You could nofollow categories and tags through your SEO plugin's settings page.

KayeSpa wrote:4. A couple of my top 20 words come from things like my customer service pages... the word "Policy" for example... (Disclosure Policy, Privacy Policy, etc)

You should noindex those pages. You can do that through the Platinum SEO settings for each particular page.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
KayeSpa wrote:2. The first 50 words on the page are my keywords from the title followed by my site name, tagline and category headings from my top nav bar...

Your keyword should be within the first 50 words of your article (excluding the title) for SEO but make sure the article flows as naturally as possible.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Nov 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.