Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Am I Penalized by Google?

mrpoyt
Trust:

Am I Penalized by Google?

Mark and crew,

I have this tragedy in which I've lost my ranking for my major keywords. I am optimizing a relatively new site for not so competitive keywords. I started building 10-20 links constantly everyday from directories, blog comments and social bookmarks. Since directories takes time to be reviewed the bulk of the links are from social bookmarks and blog comments. After a 1-1/2 month of building links, I've got about 600+ links going to my site but just after 2-3 weeks the links jump to a whooping 4000+ links but most of these links are just duplicates from the same sites from the blog comments that I've made upon checking at yahoo site explorer. Then suddenly, I've lost my previous ranking in Google.

I really don't know what happened and if was penalized by Google. Kindly help me in this matter. Thanks.
slvrsrfr
Trust:
I think that is the likely story. In my opinion you have probably been sandboxed. This can last a few months.

Keep building links slowly but steadily and add some content.

I've had a site that is coming on a year in the sandbox. It started off really well and then I amped up AMA and within a few days my site with several pages on the first page dropped to the 4th, 5th, and 6th pages and it hasn't recovered yet.

This topic was started on Apr 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.