Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

4 stars in traffic travis really?

frankvue
Trust:

4 stars in traffic travis really?

I'm doing keyword research and lately I've been coming across a bunch of keywords that look rather intimidating but traffic travis is giving them 4 stars. These are authority sites that have tons of backlinks -- I'm talking tens of thousands to the actual page not the domain. An age of more than 5 years, some even more than a decade old. The average PR is a 5.

The only issue I see is that these pages aren't really optimized for the keyword. The keyword is not in the domain name and they're missing a lot of the title, description, and H1 tags.

Would that be a reason why it's getting 4 stars? If so, would having proper on page SEO and decent backlinks really beat out all the strengths of these websites I've described above?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Frank,

Could you post the keywords here or PM them to me so I could run the same research on my end?

Thanks!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Aug 10, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.