Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

2 questions about anchor texts as backlinks

PremiumMember
jayhurwitz
Trust:

2 questions about anchor texts as backlinks

1. When I leave anchor text as part of my comment in a forum or on a blog, does google place a value on the words in the anchor text or in the url the anchor text points to?

Or in other words, when I leave a comment with anchor text, must I always use the exact words of the keyword phrase or can I vary the wording in the anchor text. In both cases the anchor text will point to the same url.

2. To build up my backlinks through comments left on forums and blogs, is it better to vary the content of the words in the anchor text or doesnt it matter?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
JayHurwitz wrote:1. When I leave anchor text as part of my comment in a forum or on a blog, does google place a value on the words in the anchor text or in the url the anchor text points to?

Or in other words, when I leave a comment with anchor text, must I always use the exact words of the keyword phrase or can I vary the wording in the anchor text. In both cases the anchor text will point to the same url.

The words in the anchor text are what is important. They guide Google as to what the site is about.

You don't need to use the exact keyword phrase, you can mix it up a little as long as you main keywords are in there. e.g. 'House cleaning service' and 'Cleaning house service' and 'Service to clean your house' would all be fine.

JayHurwitz wrote:2. To build up my backlinks through comments left on forums and blogs, is it better to vary the content of the words in the anchor text or doesnt it matter?

It looks more natural if you vary the words in the anchor text a bit.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Mar 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.