Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Started First Ad - Need Advice

tinkywinky99
Trust:

Started First Ad - Need Advice

So i recently setup my first ad using Marks bidding strategy. My initial clickthroughs are 0.1% and my average ad position is 2.8.

Should I be increasing my bid to get higher positions and higher clickthroughs or should I just leave it there and reduce my bids after 30 clicks?

Thanks.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I think 2.8 is already a pretty good spot. You actually need to keep raising your bid by 20% each day if you're below position number 4. You could reduce your spending by 20% (and keep reducing it by 20%) after each 30 clicks until your ad goes down until position 4, then monitor your profits. If it is profitable after 200 – 300 clicks then you can leave it there.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
captain
Trust:
test test test, find your sweet spot on which position is making you the sales.

Dont get into any bidding wars with others, and remeber no 1 spot is not gauranteed any more, Google decides who they want in the no 1 spot now, things have changed, so give Google what they want

This topic was started on Feb 06, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.