Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

running adds what do you suggest

mark schaaf
Trust:

running adds what do you suggest

The market I am in is going to get hot and heavy the beginning of the year and since my site isn't at the top of page one in the search results and probably never will I am thinking about running some add to get traffic, I an thinking about ppv after seeing the webinar the other day which was great but I am thinking my market is kind of small and specialized and am worried about getting a lot of traffic, the other thing I was thinking about doing was running some banner adds on yahoo, I know they aren't as big as google but I don't care much for google. has anyone run any banner adds on yahoo and if you have what do you think of the cost, since I have never run a banner add I don't have any idea what it would run. I also sent an e-mail to one of the big marketing companies mentioned on the T T webinar to use but I have yet to get an answer. To me it makes me feel like they don't want my business, if you can't answer a simple question about want to use there service I don't know if I want to use there service, Mark
Mark

sams
Trust:
If you are considering PPC then you need to prepare a list of keywords for your site. Then look for the CPC (cost-per-click) rate of each keyword. Based on these values, you can take a decision. To get success in PPV, you need to have a niche website. Because networks show your ad based on their own algorithm and if you site and keywords are not exact match then you may loose lot of money.

I suggest you to consider easy to join networks and try there.
Web Designing | Online Marketing
www.flexaweb.com

rudolf55
Trust:
Hi Mark, if you want cheap clicks I'd recommend Yahhoo/Bing advertising network, if you've got a bit more to spend and want to reach a bigger audience Adwords is the way to go.. Do some keyword research first; https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

This topic was started on Dec 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.