Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Do People Know That AdWords Are Payed Advertisements?

rudolf
Trust:

Do People Know That AdWords Are Payed Advertisements?

Hello people.

I'm wondering, how many people who search Google or any other search engine are aware of the fact that AdWords are actually payed advertisements? What's the actual credibility between the organic and sponsored results?

Has anyone done research on this topic? For example, how much percent of the people that search Google know the difference between the organic and sponsored results?

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Thanks in advance,

regards Rudolf.
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I don't know for sure, but as long as the page your ad goes to is decent, I don't think credibility would be a major issue.

I would think that most people just click on whatever link appeals to them. Although I spoke to one person a couple of weeks ago who said he never clicks on the sponsored search results.

Good question :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

rudolf
Trust:
I think you're right. Sometimes I search myself for a product or service, and I notice I only look at what the organic and ads say, and I especially look if the keywords I entered are repeated in their description. So basically it doesn't really matter if you come up in the sponsored or organic list, as long as it is appealing and relevant.

I've seen a lot of ugly websites too, but you often tend to forgive its looks because what is written is convincing.

Thanks again, Rudolf.
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.