Affilorama Birthday
Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Conversion Tracking through Redirects?

freeeli
Trust:

Conversion Tracking through Redirects?

Hi - I'm having some trouble wrapping my mind around this -

I've created redirects for nice, clean links, i.e. ActivelyLoseWeight.com/recommends/AGreatProduct .

BUT - I would like to be able to use that link in a variety of situations - articles, twitter, youtube, PPC etc. (primarily trying to get them to my site, but I like the idea of putting in the direct link as well... don't want to lose impatient people)

How can I add a clickbank ?tid to a link that points to a redirect? Do I have to make a new redirect with a different redirect address for each referring location? I don't want to have ActivelyLoseWeight.com/recommends/AGreatProductYouTubeVid1 etc etc - that defeats the purpose of the redirect imho.

I know the conversion tracking on the vendor pages will work - but only if someone buys, I want to know where people are clicking through from as well.

Thanks to anyone that can clear this up!
jpastorizo
Trust:
freeeli,

Based on my experience (which isn't much), you will have to create an additional level of directory if you are to do this. In your example ActivelyLoseWeight.com/recommends/AGreatProduct, the php redirect is of course for 1 specific url. If you add a TID on the url then it should have its own php redirect. This is how I do it and it takes a lot of time.

For example you have a product review for AGreatProduct and you have a total of 5 links within the product review page. For you to be able to track which link made the sale then you would have to have 1 php redirect for each of the affiliate links on your product review page. Each of the php files will contain the hoplinks with their respective TID.
In this example, you will have php redirects like this:
ActivelyLoseWeight.com/recommends/AGreatProduct/link1
ActivelyLoseWeight.com/recommends/AGreatProduct/link2
ActivelyLoseWeight.com/recommends/AGreatProduct/link3
ActivelyLoseWeight.com/recommends/AGreatProduct/link4
ActivelyLoseWeight.com/recommends/AGreatProduct/link5

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

santiago
Trust:
+ 1 on Renato's Method. "This is how I do it and it takes a lot of time."

That's how I do it too. Each link get their own TID so you know what's coming from where.
*) Absolutely FREE Headers for Your AffiloBlueprint Site!...

PREVIEW: http://www.youtube.com/user/ABHeaderPro

*) Join UniqueArticleWizard Via Link http://bit.ly/UAW-Bonus & GET PDF Cheatsheet to Increase Ezine Clickthru
PM me for more details. :-)

This topic was started on Nov 18, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.