Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Adwords - Suspicious Activities

crowzy
Trust:

Adwords - Suspicious Activities

Hi everyone,

In one of my Adwords Campaigns I have a keyword which in the past 3-4 months had just around 270 impressions (because I keep a very low CPC) and out of which it received 7 clicks. So it is not that bad (CTR around 3%).

Yesterday, just out of the blue, the same keyword received massive 2268 impressions and only one click which brought the CTR of the keyword and the whole campaign down to miserable 0.04%.

Do you think that someone out there is playing nasty games in order to discredit the competition's ads relevance?

What would be the other possible explanation?

BTW the Campaign is not content targeted.

I've seen from one of the Adrian's posts that he also had some big problems with Adwords yesterday and I am just wondering is there any relation between the two cases. Although my account is not under review. (Yet)

I've sent an email to Google expaining the situation but still haven't received anything back.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Call them and ask about it Crowzy... sorry I have no idea.

1-866-2Google
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
That is weird. Unless there's been a lot of hype about your keyword in the news or something rare like that, it must be a glitch in the system.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world