Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Advertising on my website

teresa461
Trust:

Advertising on my website

I received a surprising email today, a gentlemen wants to advertise on my website. This website of mine is
http://symaremotehelicopter.com and he wants to know what rates to charge him.

What do I do about this? I have no clue what I should do or of any questions to ask him. He did say he has two websties that he wants to buy some advertising on this website.

Please give me some advice on what to ask him and what prices I should set. Should I have a set price or what?

I don't even know.

Thanks
PremiumMember
crozza
Trust:
Why dont you have a look at his websites, see if they are in the same industry or an associated (supplier, manufacturer, association etc) industry. If there is no logical reason for him to advertise then ask him why he wants to do so. You do have to think of your product and site and your reputation from a business point of view (as well as from an Internet perspective).

You dont have to accept his request. But you could make some useful money, just be careful!
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
crozza is right. We get the same emails too from site owners requesting to advertise on affilorama.com. We don't accept such requests. If you are considering such, then check the website and see if your site and his are in the same niche. Keep in mind too that any ads on your site can take traffic away from your site on to the other site, so you don't want to have too many ads as much as possible. They tend to distract users from the content you have on your site too.

The price depends on how much traffic you get on your site as well as where the ad will be placed. You might want to look at some sites selling ads to see how much you can charge him for the ads.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Jun 29, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.