Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Promotion Process of websites

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:

Promotion Process of websites

Hello Everyone,

I am going to start this thread which will follow the promotion process of my website. I will start things off today.
(site is done already content wise)

I have a plan of submitting my site to many directories. Using article marketer to reword the articles I already have, doing a prweb.com release, and using usfreeads to place links back to my site.

Day 1) Today I submitted to DMOZ, arielis, linkopedia, abilogic, uquick, spheri, and abifind.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I go along I will post updates as to what I am doing.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
That's a great start. Craig's list is also good.

If you have the money, yahoo is great, but if not, then spend more time on link exchanges, sound like a great start though.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Well....... I also went ahead and just submited to the Yahoo !Directory.

I did a search for the term in yahoo... saw a site similar to mine... click the directory link under it and then I was brought to directory category. From there I clicked "suggest a site" and went ahead with the order. Although what is weird is on the order form it said "Category: Not specified - please specify".

So I just told them in the additional information box by copy and pasting the category I wanted. I tried this multiple times and every time it just said Category: Not specified.... so I had to submit the order like that, a little annoying but we'll see how things turn out!
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
that sounds weird, I've never run into that problem before. It should work out though, fingers crossed!

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Yes it was weird. Does that do that for anyone else? Just try suggesting a site and see what happens when you have to fill out the information. Everytime it did it, in IE and firefox.

More promotion tommorow!
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
What is the deal with articlemarketer.com? They're site has been down for hours now. How often does this happen? It is still a day later and the service is down?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Well what a day! I am in the process of rewriting articles to use on article marketer and trading links. I got 2 people who responded who were estatic about trading links and said the site was really well done. I also got a response from one nasty webmaster who's site is in the top 10. He/she said...

"After looking even only briefly at your site, I see that there are several blatant errors in your attempt to 'teach' the (blocked). It also reads like a giant commerical for (affiliate program). We are most certainly not interested in a link exchange.

(name blocked for privacy) Administration"

Well this just urked me.... I wrote back saying....

"You may be in the top 10 for the search terms, but you are also one of the top 10 most rudest people I have ever dealt with on-line.

PS: Next time you use the "administration" signature, don't use it in conjunction with the word "I" in your email. Looks really bad. "

Thoughts for the day.......
Adrian
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
More link exchanging done today. I need to get about 5,000 links so I have some work to do :D
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Keep up the good work Adrian, you are doing well.

Congrats on that #1 yahoo placement on that other search term you were telling me about today too.

Mark

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Thanks Mark...... I just can't wait for this site ranking to take effect.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
More linking being done now and my article submissions are 3 times a week. Article Marketer is still having some issues but I think things will get worked out. Check out the tool I found in the other thread. it's a useful one.

Chatyak,
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I just got a link pointing to my site from a PR8 and a PR7 site that is relevant to my site. :D
PremiumMember
papabear
Trust:
Nicely done Adrian, I'm going to follow your lead for my site as well.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
thanks papabear. I will share the good news with everyone once I make sure this tactic works. This information could be worth a $67 clickbank product so no one go taking the idea! :lol:

I am sure you will all find it useful. More to come soon..........
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Ok that tactic does not work. What I did was add useful information to the pages of Wikipedia but add a link to my site as well. They didn't allow that and since changed it back.

You are allowed to edit pages in Wikipedia (not post links).

Worth a try!