Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Promoting products-Free blogs, Squidoo Lens vs Landing Page

golfntours
Trust:

Promoting products-Free blogs, Squidoo Lens vs Landing Page

Just wonder if I could do with just free blog space or squidoo lens to promote products in there, instead of having to own and run my own websites, and how effective would it be if I did just that.

Could anyone share his/her experience on this, or point to previous discussions, if any?

Many thanks
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You can use things like that, but I would tend to use them in addition to a main website, rather than just having them on their own.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

golfntours
Trust:
Would a good squidoo lens take the place of a website?

....ah well for one, we can't do PPCs but would it be crawled and appear in search results just like a website?
Thanks
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Squidoo lenses can be handy, but they're pretty limited in terms of what you can do with them.

It all depends on what you want to do. Let me know that and I can help you out a bit more.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

golfntours
Trust:
I'm into full time affiliate programme Sean, that's why I signed up with Mark. When I have finally focused on the product line I'll start a new website just for it. Hope by then I can consult you and all more. Thanks mate.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh sure, I'm always around in here :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

golfntours
Trust:
hi sean, if u hv time, could you critique my lens at http://www.squidoo.com/golfinsoutheastasia/.
How do I add all the widgets of digg etc. how shd i effectively make use of them. Thanks for your help
golfntours
Trust:
Please see the section 'Great Stuff on Amazon'. These came automatically from Amazon but are they for me? I doubt. I am an affiliate with Amazon. How I can I put in my own items?
Thanks
golfntours
Trust:
Oh Sorry being a nuisance once again.
Technorati: Do I need to own a blog of my own first or what, so I can put it in my space in there? Is it so different from, say, Digg, where I can do the least by putting my link there?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Looks fine to me, but depends what you want it to do. Are after it for lead generation? Or to help your natural SE rankings? Or... something else?

I'm not sure how to add your own amazon ads. I'd rather put some clickbank products in there instead.

And I don't know anything about technorati, so I can't help you there.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

golfntours
Trust:
Are after it for lead generation? - What do u mean?

I'll add affiliate products in it (like I have done with a few already) and hopefully it points back and help my site's SEO
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Are you using it to send traffic to your website? Or do you want it to help with the seo of your main site?

It seems good to me, don't know what else you want it to do.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

golfntours
Trust:
If I could further improve on it, it'll certainly send some traffic to my main site. Not sure by so doing, it 'helps with SEO'. How would it help with SEO of my main site if what it does is only to send traffic back, am a little confused here?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
It's just that you can give yourself a couple more links to your main site.
www.SixDayWeekend.com