Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Picking Keywords

curtis1974
Trust:

Picking Keywords

Hi guys after watching the blogging boot camp video i decided to take on one project. This is in the WOW niche and I have a few keywords that have a star 4 rating on Traffic Travis but when i check Google for any ads I don't see any!

Does this mean that this keyword is not marketable or its best to just leave it alone?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Curtis,
There is no right or wrong answer in my opinion.
You may just need to test to find out.
It may be the time of day you checked as alot of people target there adwords at certain times and certain countries.
Are you searching the U.S Google?
I can search for things in Australia Google and some things just don't come up on the ads.. but when I search the U.S it does.
It could also mean, you have stumbled on a good keyword with not a lot of competition.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

curtis1974
Trust:
I am searching Google Us. There is a lot of searches for these keywords and there are a lot of products to support. Let me ask you though, if someone is typing a word like gold mining guide does this mean that they are looking for a gold mining guide or a type of gold mining guide?

I have so far 35 keywords that i check with Traffic Travis and all of them except 5 of them returns a 3 for difficulty. I follow the steps given by Mark and know that after trying at this for so long I can almost give a handle around this AM....
wollowra
Trust:
Sorry I don't know as I am not in that Niche.
If I type in Red socks then I hope to get Red Socks info...
So I assume that will be the same for WOW niche.
If there are different types of mining guides then great, you can go for those keywords too.
Just Test it and see.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

curtis1974
Trust:
thanks Troy
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
the problem with keywords like gold mining guide is that they many of those searches probably have nothing to do with WOW.
Look for game specific terms like game area names, character classes, or WoW mining guide( I personally can guaruntee that one is profitable).

ALso it will help if you know some of the game lingo. you can find some of it in forums, however, not all of it. I have found a lot of search terms using in game chat abbreviations with low competition, high searches, and they convert really well.

If you are not in the game yourself find someone who is, and learn some of the game speak.

also, be careful of your content. I have seen a lot of sites in this niche where the people did not know the game well enough to see how bad their content was.
The people who play these games are fanatical, and if your content is not up to date with the latest updates, your site will suffer. You may have some success, but over all you will lose more potential customers.

If you do it right, this is a very lucrative niche to get into. Do it half way, and you will waste your time.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Dec 05, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.